I was in Hawaii in November and got inspired by Kimchi Dip sold in local stores. A mix of cream cheese and chopped Kimchi will do just fine but I decided to take it to another level of flavor and richness by adding other kinds of cheese and baking it. I modified a basic cheese dip recipe from the classic Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook, a gift from my mother-in-law a long time ago.
This makes about one 9 inch pie pan or 3-3 inch diameter ramekins.
1 cup Kimchi roughly chopped
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1. In a large bowl combine mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, cream cheese, 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
2. Stir in Kimchi and yellow onion.
3. Spread mixture evenly into a 9 inch pie pan or 3-3 inch ramekins.
4. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs
5. Bake uncovered in a 380 degree oven about 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top.
6. Serve with chips, crackers, or French bread, etc