Gochu Jang KFC (Korean Fried Chicken)
The key to this finger licking KFC is our Gochu Jang and frying technique.
The sauce gives a spicy, sweet, and sticky flavor and by frying twice, it gives extra crispy texture. It pairs perfect with beer and is a great snack while watching the game.
2 lbs Chicken Wings
1/3 cup Corn Starch Flour
Oil for frying
3 Tbsp Sinto Gourmet Gochu Jang
1 Tbsp Ketchup
2 Tbsp Honey (or Sugar)
1 Tbsp Strawberry Jam
1 Tbsp Garlic Minced
1/2 Tbsp Oil (Canola or vegetable)
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Rice wine Vinegar
2 Tbsp Water
Toasted Sesame Seeds (Garnish)
Green Onion, chopped (Garnish)
- Season chicken wings with salt, pepper, and garlic. Set aside
- Toss the chicken in the flour and set aside.
- In a pan, mix gochu jang, ketchup, honey, strawberry jam, garlic, oil, soy sauce, vinegar, water, black pepper and have it ready on the stove
- In a deep frying pan, bring the oil to about 350F and fry chicken until pale yellow for about 4-5 minutes. Drain.
- Return oil to 350F. Fryi chicken until crisp and golden for about 4-5 minutes. Drain again
- Bring the sauce in a pan to the boil for about 2-3 minutes until the edge gets bubbly.
- Toss chicken in sauce.
- Garnish with Sesame Seeds and Green Onion.